Thursday, May 29, 2008

IdN。pg038--042。creators' ID: Carrie chau
刘德华的《童梦奇缘》海报是她的插画。

http://ti-taiwan.org/~wang/multi/samples/carrie_chau/0_carrie_chau.htm
IdN:
How would u elaborate the differences between an artist and a designer?
Carrie chau:
A designer usually work to achieve a predetermined goal, so during their design process they have to consider many factors, such as other people’s opinions, commercial factor, etc. they therefore need to overcome many obstacles, which make it challenging. An artist, on the other hand, can create something freely and use their personal point of view to express their thoughts and feelings towards the world and the things happening around them, so they can be creative as they want to be.
I consider myself to be a little bit of both. I draw for my own pleasure and I have also done some commercial work along the way. I have often been asked this question and it has got me wondering whether there really is all that much difference between the two. They both share the same passion for creativity, after all.

No comments: