Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lorenzo Moscia。
IdN volume 15 number 3, 2008。pg.072--076。

IdN: Is it fair to say that your photos are predominantly documentary? you studied law-did that have any influence on your political and photographic activities?
LM: well, i take all kind of pictures:magazine work, portraits, and assignment i am given. Recently i had an assignment for the New York Times to shoot a fashion museum in Santiago. The Chicago Tribune sent me to cover several vineyards...but yes, I'm at my best when i do documentary stuff. My 5 years of studying gave me some discipline and perseverance, which i have used during my photographic reportage. But I'm not interested in politics at all. i prefer to see situations from a social point of view. I don't believe that pictures of dead children can stop a war. I have taken some horrible pictures myself rather than for any other reason. Photographers who say that they can change the world by taking disturbing pictures are lying.

No comments: